- 4 cups cooked chick peas
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- juice of 2 lemons
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Put the chickpeas, tahini, hot water, olive oil and juice of one lemon in a blender or food processor and blend to a smooth paste.
2. Scrap the sides of the blender. Add garlic, cumin, salt and pepper and blend again. Scrape the sides again, adjust the amount of lemon juice according to your taste. Add little more salt and pepper if necessary. If homous is too thick add small amount of water or olive oil. Blend two or three times until a very smooth paste is formed.
3. Decorate with a sprinkle of paprika and mint leaves.
4. Serve with warm pitta bread or serve as a dip for chicken or shish kabab.