KUWAIT CITY, Oct 7:Lawyer Sa’ad Al- Enezi has filed a complaint with the Public Prosecution against two twitter users for abusing his client, Sheikh Khaled Al-Abdullah, head of Amiri Ceremonials in the Amiri Diwan, reports Al-Anba daily. Al-Enezi said the tweeters used abusive tweets that go beyond the freedom of criticism and expression. He stressed the tweets are malicious and aim to tarnish the image of his client and to discredit him within and outside Kuwait by circulating rumors.
KUWAIT CITY, Oct 7: Ministry of Education has affirmed in a press statement that it has dismissed the Egyptian bus driver who was seen in a video clip that recently went viral on social media in which a Kuwaiti citizen caught him transporting people who had nothing to do with Ministry of Education in a bus of the ministry, reports Al-Rai daily. Reportedly, the driver had finished taking students to their destinations and then he started transporting other people. When caught by the citizen, he justified by saying, “They are my uncle’s children, which means people from his country. The ministry affirmed its keenness to apply the rules and regulations governing work, stressing that it will not tolerate any deviation from contract commitments and provisions which the ministry signed with all companies. It revealed that it has informed the company responsible for leasing buses to transport students of public schools to warn its drivers not to use the buses for their personal matters, adding that it will reserve its right to apply contractual provisions.
Savings stolen: An Egyptian expatriate lost KD 660 — the savings of three months which he had intended to send to his family — when an unknown person stole the money from his car, reports Al-Rai daily. According to a security source, the Egyptian man withdrew the money from the ATM branch of a local bank and went to his house in Farwaniya area to take the necessary details for making the money transfer. When he went to his car in order to go to a money exchange office, he was shocked to find the door of his car smashed and the envelope containing the amount missing. He immediately went to Farwaniya Police Station to report the incident. A theft case was registered and referred to the Investigations.
KUWAIT CITY, Oct 7: The Family Circuit of the Court of First Instance declared the illegality of the marriage contract between a dead Kuwaiti citizen and his housemaid, as it was signed following the issuance of a verdict that placed him under guardianship as he was suffering from dementia.
The counsel to the heirs of the citizen Lawyer Ali Al-Ali explained that his clients’ father was more than 80 years of age when he died after a long period of suffering from diseases that prevented him from controlling his money. Based on a court verdict, he was placed under the guardianship of Public Authority for Minors Affairs.
Following his death, his clients were surprised when their father’s housemaid filed a lawsuit, demanding her right to the inheritance in line with a marriage contract signed between her and their father. In the lawsuit, she revealed that the marriage had lasted for one whole year before her husband died.
Lawyer Al-Ali said the court verdict that placed his clients’ father under guardianship was issued eight years before his death due to which the marriage and everything that followed should be considered illegal.
KUWAIT CITY, Oct 3, (KUNA): The Central Statistical Bureau (CSB) said Monday the workforce in Kuwait (excluding housekeepers) hit 2,009,071 in last June.
The figure reflects an increase by 70,828 or 3.6 percent from the corresponding month last year, according to the CSB quarterly report that surveyed the period ending on June 30, 2017. The total workforce, including housekeepers, hit 2,684,334, increasing by 83,929 or 3.2 percent in this period with the private sector remaining the main employer.
The private sector absorbed 60.3 percent of the total workforce while the Kuwaiti workers represented only 4.4 percent of such workers. The Kuwaiti workforce grew from 348,792 to 358,854, an increase of 2.9 percent from June 2016, with the public sector employing 80 percent of them. The number of Kuwaitis employed by the public sector went up 3.3 percent from 277,935 to 287,236 in the period surveyed. The number of female workers rose by 3.9 percent and the male workers by 1.6 percent.
Meanwhile, the ratio of Kuwaiti workforce to the total workforce went slightly down from 18 percent in June 2016 to 17.9 in last June. The number of non-Kuwaiti workers went up by 3.8 percent from 1,589,451 to 1,650,217. The report noted that there were no remarkable changes in the structure of the various groups of nationalities working in Kuwait.
The expats from the group of Asian non-Arab countries continued to be the largest group for workers in Kuwait, accounting for 50.3 percent, followed by those from the Arab countries who represent 30.1 percent.
The number of Indian workers in Kuwait went up by 6.6 percent from 519,466 in June 2016 to 553,781 in last June while the number of Egyptians grew by 2.4 percent to 463,804. The percentage of Kuwaiti workers with bachelor degrees went up from 35.1 to 36.8 percent while the percentage of non- Kuwaiti workers with bachelor degrees rose from 20.5 to 22.7 percent.
KUWAIT CITY, Oct 3: Security authorities recently issued strict instructions to refer any person involved in a quarrel, whether it appeared on social media or not, to the concerned security unit for immediate deportation, reports Al-Shahed daily.
The decision was taken in view of the prevalence of public brawls — a phenomenon which could bring about destabilization of security and panic among people. Security sources affirmed there will be no delay in the implementation of the new instruction, indicating some officers do not apply the law because of ‘wasta’ (influence) and they will be held accountable.
Sources said the Control and Inspection Department in the Interior Ministry will take action against any officer who does not perform his duty and he will be subjected to punishment if proven that he did not implement the law. “Public brawls among expatriates increased recently. This serious security issue will be solved only by taking decisive measures, as the case with those driving without a license. Driving without a license incidents stopped when expatriates realized that security units are serious in enforcing the law,” sources explained.
KUWAIT CITY, Oct 3: Health Minister Dr Jamal Al-Harbi has denied rumors spread on various media platforms that he intends to resign. Speaking on the sidelines of his meeting with assistant undersecretaries and directors of health districts Monday, Al-Harbi disclosed that exemptions from the new medical fees for expatriates will be expanded to include patients in critical condition who need to be confined in the intensive care units for surgery, internal medicine, heart diseases and children. He affirmed the heads of concerned departments and directors of hospitals have been instructed to take decisions in this regard.
He said the Bedouns holding expired security cards are exempted from the new medical fees within one month after the expiration of their security cards. He clarified that after one month, these Bedouns must present the renewed security cards when availing medical services.
He also unveiled a plan to study the recommendation to exempt patients, who need to stay in the hospital for a long period, from the new fee — KD 10 per day. He enumerated other exemptions such as the expatriates’ children who are below 12 years old and suffering from cancer and deformations, husbands of Kuwaiti women, wives of Kuwaiti men and the children of these couples.
He added the new medical fees for expatriates are not applicable to domestic workers. He revealed the number of patients in emergency rooms decreased by 30 percent while those undergoing tests in laboratories decreased by more than 30 percent since the implementation of the new medical fees for expatriates. He asked the directors of health districts to submit weekly statistics on expatriate patients who visit public hospitals and medical centers to be discussed along with comments on the new fees. He also instructed the assistant undersecretaries and directors of health districts to submit their five-year plans including future medical projects and to follow up ongoing projects. He added he will meet undersecretaries and directors of central directorates from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon every Monday to discuss the problems they are facing.
By Marwa Al-Bahrawi Al-Seyassah / Arab Times Staff